If you are interested in applying to be a Foster Home for Perfect Paws, please read the following Perfect Paws Foster Home Agreement. Once you have read the Agreement, if you still wish to apply, please fill out the short form below that, electronically sign the form, which is legally binding and acknowledges that you have read the Agreement in full and accept our terms and conditions, and submit the form to us. We will review your application and be in touch with you soon! Thank you for your willingness to help Perfect Paws. We are grateful for your interest.
This Pet Foster Care Agreement is entered into between Perfect Paws Search & Rescue, a non-profit organization ("PPSR" "We" "Us"), and the undersigned ("Caretaker" "You" "Your"). In consideration of the mutual promises in this Agreement, PPSR and the Caretaker acknowledge that the following terms and conditions regarding the fostering of either puppies, dogs, kittens or cats ("Fostered Pet") in Your home are legally binding.
1. THE FOSTER CARE You will provide the Foster Care in Your home at the address You provide in the Form at the end of this Agreement, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your Foster Care for Fostered Pets will be comprised of, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing daily wholesome pet food and water
- Providing a clean and grassy area or litterbox for elimination
- Providing a warm, safe place inside Your home
- Under NO circumstances will Fostered Pets EVER be left outside unattended, chained or tethered
- Administering medications, if needed
- Transporting Fostered Pets to/from the veterinarian, if necessary
- Transporting Fostered Pets to/from the Spay/Neuter Clinic to be altered prior to adoption
- Transporting Fostered Pets to/from Meet & Greet events or arranging for pick-up and return
- Socializing and playing with Fostered Pets
- Working on housebreaking/potty training [for dogs]
- Working on very basic obedience; no, sit, come, and walking on a leash [for dogs]
2. VETERINARY CARE Whenever possible You will use PPSR's usual veterinarian for Fostered Pets: Dupont Veterinary Clinic, 260-489-7100, 534 East Dupont Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825. You need to indicate that You are a foster for this pet for Perfect Paws for us to get our discount. You will telephone Tammy Derickson @ 260-341-5229 for pre-approval of non-emergency veterinary care OR to advise them of any emergencies involving Fostered Pets.
3. COSTS AND EXPENSES PPSR will provide food for Fostered Pets and pay all veterinary treatment costs that may be incurred for Fostered Pets during the Foster Care; provided that we have given You prior approval by telephone for such treatment, except in the event of a medical emergency in which case You will use Your best judgement in the matter. You will give us the receipts from the veterinarian for the emergency care and medications. Any other supplies You purchase such as toys, rawhide chews, pet beds, will not be reimbursed and be considered a donation. You are providing the Foster Care out of Your love for pets, and as a volunteer, at no charge to PPSR.
4. LIABILITY PPSR is not liable for any bodily injury or property damage, losses or injuries whatsoever to You or other persons, or to Your or another person's animals and pets, caused by the actions, behavior or health of Fostered Pets, or arising out the Foster Care. You are not liable to PPSR for any injuries to, illness or disappearance of Fostered Pets arising out of the Foster Care, EXCEPT if such injuries, illness or disappearance are caused by or arise out of Your gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
5. VACCINATIONS PPSR represents that, except for pets under 4 months old, Fostered Pets are current on the following medical procedures and treatments:
- DHLPP Vaccination
- Rabies Vaccination
- Intratrac (kennel cough) Vaccination
- Advantage (flea control) Treatments
6. RETURNING DOGS You agree to contact us immediately in the event that You are no longer able or willing to provide Foster Care to any or all of Fostered Pets. You will continue to care for Fostered Pets for a reasonable period until we are able to make other arrangements for Fostered Pets. You will cooperate with us arranging a mutually satisfactory time for us to pick up Fostered Pets being returned. You will under NO circumstances entrust the care of Fostered Pets to any other person, relocate Fostered Pets, or surrender them to any Animal Shelter.
7. LOANED EQUIPMENT AND/OR SUPPLIES Any equipment such as crates, carriers, ex-pens that PPSR has temporarily provided for Foster Care will be returned by You in good, clean condition at the end of the Foster Care period, or whenever PPSR requests them be returned. If foregoing items are lost, stolen or damaged beyond normal wear and tear as a result of Your negligence or misconduct, You will promptly pay PPSR the replacement price to purchase new items.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT, BINDING EFFECT The Agreement is the entire Agreement between You and PPSR. This Agreement, signed by both You and PPSR, binds You and PPSR to all terms listed in this Agreement.
ALL fields with * are REQUIRED or form won't process! Thank you ...